Sometimes your phone will suddenly off itself without falling on anything but when you try to ON it, it fails, or it can bring a blank page, showing a battery image, a cross icon on the screen, and other error message or similar problem. Here is the solution than can save you some money from taking it to an engineer.
- Press and hold volume up + power key or volume up + volume down + power key or volume up + down button + power key or Volume up + Home + Power key or Home + Power key or volume button + Camera key (if it has), this key combination varies from device to device. Similar devices will likely use similar key combinations. Release the buttons when the device is powered on, it will bring a screen with different options listed.
- Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll through the options.
- When you see Recovery mode on the list, then press the power button to select, this will take you to restart the phone into recovery mode
- Hold down the Power key and tap Volume keys when you see an Android with a red triangle on it, then another option will be listed with the title Android system recovery
- Select wipe data/factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button.
- Select Yes by pressing the power key when it brings Yes or No options, this will reset your device to its factory state and all your data will be erased.
The above steps will restore your device to its factory settings, if it does not restore your device then visit an engineer, possibly your phone has developed a hardware problem.