What is an IP address?
An IP address stands for internet protocol address; it is an identifying number that is associated with a specific computer or computer network. When a computer is connected to an internet. The IP address allows the computers to send and receive information.
How can you know your IP Address
There are different ways to check your IP Address, you can find it on your device and you can also check it online. In this article a I will teach how to check your IP address of your devices, IP addresses of a connected Wifi, what can you use IP address for and many other things about IP address.
Here are some methods to check your device IP address.
The simplest method to find your IP address is through Google. Open your browser and type ”What is my IP”, ”What is my IP address”, ”My IP address” or ”My IP“ Your IP address will show at the first result.
Method 2 (Online tools)
There are many tools online that will find you your IP address. You don’t need to provide any information on these sites, what you need to do is; just click on the link provided, it will take you to where you will see your IP address. Some of he liked are provided below, just click on any of then, it will generate your IP address.
Method 3 (Command prompt).
- Press Windows key + R .
- Type cmd into the search box and press Enter .
- When it shows the command prompt page then type ipconfig and press Enter. It will now display your IP configuration.
How to know you LAN connection IP Address
Sometime, a need may arise to know the IP address of the LAN you are connected to, here are the steps to check it.
1. Right-click on the windows icon at bottom-left of your computer screen and select Settings.
2. Select Network and Internet (it is located by the left)
3. Right-lick on properties (it is located at the top), it will now shows you your IP address.